Alagaësia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the world of Alagaësia Eragon triumphed over Lord Galbatorix. 100 years later the next dragons are ready to hatch and choose their Riders. Eragon is head of the Riders at Vroengard but has left the missions for the new recruits. Who will you be?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-=The Rider's Council=-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Location : Born in Surda and traveled around with my dragon past the age of 13

Character sheet
Characters Characters: Alexander 'Alex'
Race: Elf Elf
Health:
-=The Rider's Council=- Left_bar_bleue200/200-=The Rider's Council=- Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

-=The Rider's Council=- Empty
PostSubject: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:56 am

A towering white castle looked like a small ant from my point of view. The other Riders could even be seen, only their dragons massive forms gave away their position. I was returning from a rather easy mission from Eragon, the Head Counselor, he seems to trust in me more and more...although it has been many years since I joined. He seems rather reluctant to trust in me.

He ordered me to take out a group of the Black Hand that were hanging outside of Dras-Leona. It sounds simple doesn't it? It wasn't that easy. With this group of 10 men were 5 spellcasters. Not just apprentices either, these were trained spellcasters. So Svell and I had to wait up in the sky for the first part of the attack so that we could weaken the spellcasters. One I took out with a simple "Deyja" but that only warned the others of our attack. At that point I blocked my mind like a stone wall, putting many wards on Svell and I and then dove down at them. When we got in range, Svell rained blue fire down on them and then when she broke out of her dive, grabbed one of the men in her jaws on our way back up.

Ponders a moment... I don't have time to finish my tale, for Eragon is waiting for my report, but I will tell you this...we won!

Come Alexander, we are already late. Yes let us go.

Above Vroengard a dragon and Rider dove down to the city below. The dragon was a bright silver and her scales shone in every color of the rainbow when the sunlight hit them. On her lower neck sat a man who around the age of 20. But don't be fooled. He's an elf and he's 91 years old. His name is Alexander and his dragon, Svell. They have been members of the Rider's Council since Svell hatched for Alex. He was 12 at the time. Now Alexander goes on mission for Eragon and brings peace around Alagaësia. If you wish to speak with him I would suggest waiting at the dining hall, he'll be arriving there soon.
Back to top Go down
https://vroengard.rpg-board.net
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Characters Characters: Raithea
Health:
-=The Rider's Council=- Left_bar_bleue100/100-=The Rider's Council=- Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Raithea sat quietly, a book perched in her hands, fingers running underneath the words as she took in the information. She sighed slightly, as her concentration was minimal. Raithea found many other things on her mind, distracting her from her usual studying. Her eyes glanced up and around her surroundings again and she rested her head back against the chair, staring up at the ceiling. Determined to learn as much as she learned any other day, she turned her attention back to her book. Raithea's thoughts meandered from Eragon to her dragon, Wyrda ( which meant 'fate' in the Ancient Language ), and when she was to return to Ellesméra -- which she was planning to do as soon as she could. She planned to visit her father, whom she hadn't seen in at least two years. The trip back home would be a positive one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
-=The Rider's Council=- Left_bar_bleue200/200-=The Rider's Council=- Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:55 pm

It had been 2 hours by the time Alexander and Vendara left the Council Chamber after speaking with Eragon. He was silent as he walked out into the sunlight and sat on a stone bench in the prayer garden. Vendara followed behind and curled up next to him, careful not to crush any plants. You are hard to understand Alex even after all these years. You feel sad but not yet to that extreme, and your not joyful. Alexander sighed and turned to face his companion. You know how many missions we have successfully accomplished, none we have failed. For more than 70 years I have done my duty, but what does he have to say to me? You have done well Alexander, when we have another task I will send for you and Vendara. I would have accepted that response 50 years ago, not now! We should be given a high honor for the deeds we have done! You know how little I complain but just once I would like some appreciation. Vendara reached forward and touched her nose to Alexander's hand that was resting at his side. Little one, Eragon has much on his mind. He is Head Councellor and has much to take care of. Do you not notice the way he looks at you as you walk by. He respects you Alex, that is the most honorable act he could give you. Now come do not sadden the mood, we finally have some time to ourselves. Where do you wish to go? Alex sighed and stood up. I have not read a book in many a days, let us go to the library for a short time. Vendara grumbled and he noted her unsatisfaction. Then I must depart for a while to do what I wish. I have been hungry since the moment we arrived. You go ahead to the library. I'm going to catch some dinner around the island. The elf nodded and scratched the scales under her chin. Be safe. Vendara gave him an amused look. I am a dragon, no one will stand in my way. And with that she flew off.

Alex chuckled, feeling a bit better after speaking with Vendara, and headed to the library. Upon entering the great hall he found his favorite section of books and grabbed one that was about the history of the first Elf King. He knew it by heart but there was something about reading it from a book that made it more flavorful. Then he found a quiet spot next to the wall and sat down in a stone chair. He exhaled comfortably, this was the first time he was able to relax for the past few months.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:
-=The Rider's Council=- Left_bar_bleue100/100-=The Rider's Council=- Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Raithea's eyes lifted up from the book she was currently reading -- or at least trying to read -- to see another elf enter the library. She stared at him for a moment or two, then reclined further into her chair, eyes studying the words hard. She'd never been one to enjoy much company. Her father had kept her secluded from others ever since her mother had left when she was only 6 years old. Raithea was extremely unaccustomed to how to act around others that weren't of the dragon race. She spent most of her time conversing with Wyrda, her dragon, and listening to his long made-up stories, that interested her most of the time. Then, like every day, she'd come to the library and sit in her favorite spot, grab an intellectual book, and read. Very rarely did she see others in the area where she was -- especially another elf. Her eyes bore down upon the soft, slightly faded lettering in her book, trying to ignore the other's presence.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Alex was a few pages into the tome when he saw over the edges of the book a female elf sitting near to him. She looked young (to an elf) and seemed to be around his age. It had been a while since he had conversed with anyone other than Verdana and so he shrugged inwardly and set the book down on his lap. He smiled and touched his first two fingers to his lips in greeting to the young elf. Then he decided to honor by stating the first line of formalities, "Atra esterni ono thelduin." He said pleasantly and waited for her to reply in the elven tongue.

((You know of elven formalities, correct?))
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Raithea kept in an exaggerated sigh. It was just her luck; that he would decide to great her. She repeated the greeting gesture, and replied to him, "Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr." Thoughts were whizzing past her head as she noted the page number of her book and closed it quietly, getting to her feet and looking him over. He was a fine-looking elf, she had to admit, but that didn't mean she wanted his company. She tended to be a bit of an outcast, even though she was part of the Rider's Council. She'd been told numerous times she needed to become more 'involved' yet she stubbornly refused each time. Raithea placed a smile on her lips, hoping he wouldn't catch a sense of what she was feeling.

[ I believe so. It's been a while -- that's why I'm rereading the series. Please correct me if I posted incorrectly. It's this, right? :

1-Atra esterní ono thelduin
2-Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr
1-Un du evarínya ono varda. ]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:09 pm

{Correct, but the third response is only used in the most formal of situations. e.i. It would be used in the presence of royalty or a standing ranking officer.}

Alex smiled when she replied, enjoying the sound of his native language. When she stood he raised an eyebrow in question but then caught the look in her eye. He then continued speaking in the Ancient Language as he spoke. "If you wish to not be disturbed, I will not drum up a rather interesting conversation." He had an amused look in his eye when he finished but then it vanished for he did not wish to offend her. He made no move to get up or leave, but instead sat there and waited to see her reaction. Figures the first person I greet is unsociable. He heard Vendara laugh. Maybe it is that way so that it balances out your never ending tongue. Alex smirked at what Vendara said and then realized that this elf may not know he was a dragon rider. And so he opened his left palm so that she could see his Gedwey Ignasia. Then he closed it and again waited.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Raithea didn't bother breaching his thoughts. To be blunt, she really had no wish to know. She noticed he had caught the slightest glimpse of her mood, and drew out a long breath. Raithea nodded and took her seat again when he showed her his palm, she briefly flashed him her own palm, but then reclined into the chair. "I see." She clicked her tongue slightly. "Sorry if I seem forboding. I'm not used to getting company. Usually people avoid me." She sighed and pulled some hair behind her ear so she could get a better view of the male elf.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Alex relaxed as well when she sat down. He was glad that she decided to stay and listen to his rambling. To get more comfortable, he leaned back and put his hands behind his head. "I can't imagine why. People approach me, but they don't usually have the chance. I'm always off with Vendara on quests for Eragon. I just got back from my most recent one, finally have a chance to relax." He smiled at the thought of his comfortable elven bed in his small house at the edge of Vroengard. He turned his head to Raithea and chuckled slightly. "How rude of me. I never introduced myself. I'm Alexander, son of Thenduin."
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Raithea nodded slightly, dropping her glance. "Eragon rarely sends me anywhere anymore. I assume he's busier with others." She shrugged and tilted her head slightly, smiling when he introduced himself, then sighed. "I'm Raithea. My lineage isn't even worth the mention." Raithea had always been sensitive to that subject, and muttered something under her breath about her parents. She lifted her gaze back up to him to see him in his outrageously relaxed pose. How could be be so calm around others? She found it shakingly unnatural. But then she remembered the fact it was she who was different, not him. Raithea shook the thoughts from her head.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:13 pm

For the moment he was silent as he sighed deeply and just enjoyed the fact that he was free to do whatever he wanted for the next few days. But then when Raithea got silent he turned to look at her and saw a slightly shocked expression on her face. He acted as if he didn't notice but had to smile inwardly. Either she doesn't get out a lot or I'm more comfortable around others than a normal person. He sensed Vendara feeding as she replied. Alexander, you are anything but normal. Besides she seems quiet, even for an elf. You two are quite the opposite, it may just catch her by surprise. Vendara always surprised Alex with her wisdom, even with his years on him she still made more sense of things than him.

Directing his attention back at Raithea, Alex smiled and closed his eyes to rest them though he wasn't even close to sleeping. "When was the last time you went on an errand for one of the members of the Rider's Council?" It wasn't a personal question though could easily become awkward if he wasn't careful.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Raithea kept a frown off of her face. He was reading her emotions like an open book. And she didn't like it. She'd never met anybody like him before, and was starting to realize why she'd strayed from being with people all these years. But then she thought to herself about how she needed to be around others of her kind, and mentally decided she would enjoy his company, even if it was a bit awkward for her. She listened intently and then replied, "Roughly three weeks." Raithea shrugged. "I guess I haven't exactly gained their complete trust yet. Seems like you have; that's something to be proud of." Raithea momentarily felt a brush of conscienceness rub against hers, but she didn't fret; she could tell it was Wyrda. As quickly as he'd come, he'd gone again, and Raithea's attention was once more directed onto Alex as she shuffled into a more comfortable position.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Alexander sighed and opened his eyes slightly. "I suppose it is." It felt more like a curse to him. "It's not as nice as you think." For a moment he was silent and then a forced a smile, not at all liking downcast moods in his conversations. "I don't see what's not to trust about you. Your kind and show no threat to your allies." He chuckled and looked over at her. She was very beautiful, most elves were. But she had unique facial structure. Not wishing to invade her privacy he turned away and leaned back again. "What do you do in your spare time? It's been a while for me to have some time to kill, as humans say, and I do not wish to waste it sleeping. I always come here but I suppose it's time to find another hobby, I think Vendara is getting tired of me spending time with my nose in a book." He then realized he hadn't introduced Vendara either. "Vendara is my dragon." He added so that Raithea understood.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Raithea couldn't see why he thought that way. She'd die to have their trust! Her lips edged into a small smile as she replied, "I guess it's because I have a tendancy not to put my trust in others, even if I have theirs." She noticed him staring for a moment, and she held back a small laugh. Something about him made her feel relaxed -- safe, even. She listened to him before starting herself, nodding when he said his dragon's name. "Yeah. Usually I'm out and about flying around with my own dragon, Wyrda. I'm trying to see as much as I can, in a little amount of time. Call me crazy -- but I've always wanted to. Otherwise, I'm here reading, a bit like you, I suppose. Learning is interesting to me. I never got to learn much at my home in Ellesméra. My parents weren't exactly parent 'material.'" She shrugged. She laid farther back into the chair and smiled slightly, "It's been a long while since I've talked to another elf. It's...." she paused a moment, "...nice."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:56 am

Alexander sat quietly as she spoke and began to doze off. He mentally shook himself awake and paused for a moment. He had heard everything she said and thankfully had not actually fallen asleep. "Yes I agree it is very nice to speak to someone of your own race. I enjoy the dwarves humor and the human's honorable thoughts, but nothing beats the elven way of communication." He smiled at thoughts of Ellesmera and wished dearly he was there right now. He did not delve further into her family life, for he knew that that was very personal and they had just met each other. "There is nothing crazy about wanting to learn and know as much as you can. The wise do not become who they are by sitting around and drinking rum." He paused and then turned to face her again. "Would you like to go flying with Vendara and I?" And as he waited for a reply he conscientiously asked Vendara. Is that alright? He sensed her wings beating as she soared through the air, yearning to be with her. I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to fly with you, Alex, you know that. And this time we can go wherever we please and take as long as we want to get there. Alex smiled pulled his hands out from behind his head and sat with his right hand on the hilt of his sword out of habit.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:46 am

Raithea listened intently, realizing he was nearly asleep. She wondered if she had bored him, but shook it off. It wasn't anything new to her. As she listened to his proposal of going out on a flight, she nodded, "That would be nice." She decided to contact Wyrda first, feeling his conscience brush against hers again, I've met a new friend, I suppose I could call him, and he would like to go flying. Are you up for it? She waited a moment, feeling Wyrda chuckle before he replied, You? Making a friend! That's fantastic. I would love to. Raithea restrained from rolling her eyes as she nodded, All right. She turned back to Alexander and stood up, "Well then, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Alexander smiled with glee when she accepted after a polite pause as she contacted her dragon. "Then let us be off." He jumped up to his feet with his race's quickness and waited presently for Raithea to follow. Then he turned and walked silently out of the library and into the bright light of midday. He stood in the center of the garden and stood quietly, his eyes closed. Air was rushing under the thin fiber of his outstretched wings and his giant maw was curved in a smile. The sight he had was tenfold that of even an elf and he saw the small figure of his being away in the distance, though steadily growing larger. With a giant roar he announced his presence and spiraled down to the plants below and beside his Rider. Hello little one. Alexander pulled back from her mind and smiled. "Hello Vendara. Have a nice flight?" The green dragon raised her head and blew out a second long flame. Never has flying been anything else. Alexander turned to face Raithea and nodded. "Raithea I'd like you to meet my dragon, Vendara. Vendara this is Raithea, a very kind elf I met just today." Vendara turned her violet eyes towards the small figure and for a moment made no other movement, only keeping the sharp eye contact. Finally she brushed the elf's conscious briefly. It is an honor meeting you Raithea. She allowed the elf no access to her mind at all.
Back to top Go down
Shiori

Shiori

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Raithea kept silent as they walked outside, and didn't even need to squint her eyes when they walked out into the bright sunshine. She smiled gently and took in her surroundings, taking in a deep breath, glad to be outside again. Raithea felt her connection with Wyrda grow stronger, although she could feel he was still in flight. Raithea looked up at the magnificent dragon and felt a bit self-conscience when she was being looked over. She was about to respond to the dragoness, when its mind closed against hers and instead, she muttered, "Well met, Skulblaka." Moments later, Wyrda came skidding onto the ground. Well, hello there, Wyrda mention, brushing his conscienceness against Alexander's. Raithea could obviously tell that Wyrda was more open than Vendara. Wyrda put his face closer to Alexander's and took a deep breath in, taking in his scent, before nodding and pulling back his conscienceness and turning it to Raithea, He seems like an honest Elf. Raithea smiled gently and turned to Alexander, "This is my dragon, Fate. Wyrda, this is Alexander." Wyrda inclined his head slightly, keeping his mind open to Alexander and Raithea, but was a bit skeptical of Vendara -- as he was of most dragons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -=The Rider's Council=-   -=The Rider's Council=- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-=The Rider's Council=-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alagaësia :: Lands :: Vroengard-
Jump to: